Amid the ever-changing travel landscape, one thing remains certain: travelers are in search of the ultimate respite, tranquility, and unique wellness-centric offerings in their getaways. Providing just that, sister properties, Nobu Ryokan Malibu and Nobu Hotel Palo Alto, are tapping into their Japanese roots, bringing the traditional onsen bathing ritual to the shores of Southern California and the heart of Silicon Valley through the new Art of Bathing package.
Dating back to the sixth century as part of a Buddhist purification, the Japanese began practicing an intimate bathing experience with the belief that they could cast aside all impurities through a two-step cleansing and soak process to reset and revive the soul. Today, for many in Japan, bathing is still considered to be more than just a bath; it is a meditative practice and a time to renew, relax, and reconnect with oneself.
Nobu Ryokan Malibu and Nobu Palo Alto provide unmatched settings that radiate pure relaxation for guests to recreate this ultimate revitalizing wellbeing experience in the comfort of their own room.
Taking place in the elegantly appointed Suiheisen Suite, which boasts an outdoor teak-soaking tub complemented by expansive views of the Pacific Ocean, Nobu Ryokan Malibu has partnered with Be Here + Farm and Detox Market to set the scene for a soaking experience one won’t soon forget. The package includes:
- Welcome amenity green tea and matcha cake.
- Setup of the outdoor tub with outdoor pillar candles, half bottle of Champagne, and Nobu bath salts
- Custom Ryokan bath salts by Detox Market to sprinkle in the traditional handcrafted Japanese teak soaking tubs and a full bag to take home
- Custom Ryokan face serum by Be Here + Farm
- Breakfast for two to enjoy in-room or on the relaxation deck overlooking Carbon Beach
- Priority reservations at the famed Nobu Malibu, only steps away from the Ryokan
Set in the newly introduced top-floor Ryokan Suites with unobstructed views of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Nobu Hotel Palo Alto’s package is complete with deep-soaking onsen teak tubs. It includes:
- Ryokan Suite accommodations
- Chef’s choice bento box welcome amenity
- Daily breakfast for two
- Custom Nobu bath salts in lavender or eucalyptus
- Be Here + Farm Face Serum
- Slip brand sleep masks
- Priority reservations at Nobu restaurant