Rancho La Puerta (Tecate, Mexico), arguably the originator of the wellness destination spa experience, has entered the wellness real estate arena with the debut of The Residences, a wellness-focused village of 108-planned private homes nestled among the grounds of the acclaimed 4,000-acre retreat. Construction has begun, and the project is expected to be completed by November 2022.
“For many years at Rancho La Puerta, we have nurtured the dream of creating a residential community—a village rooted in our traditions of living in harmony with the natural world,” says Sarah Livia Brightwood Szekely, president of Rancho La Puerta. “This village is dedicated to wellness; it is a place where residents can draw strength and become their most resilient selves. It is a place of belonging, home of the heart where they can reconnect with nature and the healing rhythms of a life lived with spaciousness and beauty.”
The Residences will offer a unique blend of state-of-the-art technological advances combined with the sustainable, locally inspired, nature-focused ethos of The Ranch, which is extremely enticing to buyers. In fact, nearly all of the homeowners thus far are longtime guests of the Ranch who are buying a second or third home and who are looking for an escape that feels safe, secure, and healthy in this new post-pandemic world. “We think that COVID-19 has enticed potential owners to pursue opportunities to purchase homes and second residences for travel in places that feel private, safe, and healthy and that are focused on wellness living at the forefront,” says Roberto Arjona, CEO of Rancho La Puerta. “This year, we have spent more time than ever in our homes, realizing the importance of having this be a safe, healthy space. Beyond that, many individuals have found themselves reconnecting in deep and meaningful ways with the outdoors, looking for experiences that allow them to further this connection in a distant, intimate, and private way.” The Residences offer all of this and more.
The Residences were designed by Mexico-based developer Grupo Espiritu in collaboration with Brightwood, who has been the primary designer at Rancho La Puerta for decades. The architecture and gardens at the Residences complement the ambiance of Rancho La Puerta, incorporating environmentally friendly local materials and Mexican craftsmanship. A Mediterranean-inspired landscape, the extensive gardens, and walking paths will connect the village and vineyard to the surrounding mountains and canyons, with reclaimed water irrigating the gently rolling hills.
The Residences, approximately half of which are currently sold, feature 108 private homes priced from $665,000 to $1.5 million and three different housing options including Casitas, the 1961-square-foot two-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath floor plan; Casas, the 2,774-square-foot three-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath floor plan; and the Villas, the 4.299-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-and-a-half bath floor. Special features included in the current plans for the homes are:
- Large living and dining room areas with a warm fireplace
- DARWIN™ Wellness Home Technology in all bedrooms and full-home advanced water purification system
- A large private patio featuring a hammock, meditation space, lush landscaping, and fountains
- Eco-friendly and sustainable technology, including thermal insulated walls and ceilings, natural lighting, solar domes, double-glazed windows, energy-efficient air conditioning, air-filtration system, and appliances along with optional photovoltaic energy and solar water heater, electromobility chargers, and more
- Designer-curated, turn-key furniture packages are available, and all kitchen appliances are included
- The Casas’ additional amenities include a dipping pool and a private parking space
- The Villas feature a private pool, two-car underground parking spots, and a private wine cellar
Standout amenities for homeowners include:
- The Residences Village Center with 24-hour concierge, fully equipped gym, Rancho La Puerta-staffed fitness classes, pickleball and tennis courts, library, pool and Jacuzzi, Juice Bar and Café, meditation room, and fire pits
- The Ranch Day Pass Program, which allows residents to participate in daily Rancho La Puerta activities including morning hikes, art classes, fitness classes, and more
- Extensive wellness services from Rancho La Puerta available at home
- Engage in shared experiences at Rancho La Puerta such as outdoor concerts, meditation classes, wellness presentations, and workshops
- Dine and buy products at Rancho La Puerta’s new Winery Restaurant Bar and tasting rooms
- Buy services and products from Rancho Tres Estrellas’ organic farm, El Cafecito, and La Cocina Que Canta
- Each resident will have 24/7 access to an on-site nurse
- All members of each household (owner, spouse, and up to six dependents) will receive three years of Global Rescue Medevac Services
- 24-hour on-site security
- Private entrance to the village community
In addition to the year-round amenities and concierge-style services, The Residences provide homeowners with privacy and views overlooking a woodland stream and a 24-acre flourishing vineyard adjacent to Rancho La Puerta where its vintners are currently reviving The Ranch tradition of organic grape cultivation central to its early healing programs and to the region of Tecate. Residents can enjoy locally crafted wines and meals at the new Winery Restaurant and Market or simply pickup produce and other groceries.
“As we celebrate our 80th anniversary this year, we’re thrilled to expand our Ranch experience and offer our guests, who we consider our life-long family and friends, the opportunity to make The Ranch their forever home,” says Arjona. “Our motto has always been ‘Siempre Mejor,’ which means ‘Always Better.’ The Residences reflects this as the next iteration of Rancho La Puerta to carry on our legacy for the next 80 years.”