Throughout August, National Wellness Month, created in 2018 by Live Love Spa, focuses on self-care, managing stress, and promoting healthy routines. Create wholesome habits in your lifestyle all month long and see how much better you feel!
Research has shown that self-care helps promote happiness. Whether you challenge yourself to a new yoga pose or cut out sugar, make a small change each day to impact your health in positive ways.
Looking for ways to celebrate Wellness Month? Here are some helpful suggestions:
- Take the pledge: Take the pledge and snap a selfie with your “I choose wellness” card or get creative and make your own.
- Post to social: Share your pledge and wellness journey with friends on social media. Hashtag #nationalwellnessmonth and #livelovespa. Tag @livelovespa @nationalwellnessmonth on Instagram to be featured!
- Follow the calendar: Incorporate wellness into your daily life with our 31-day challenge calendar. Download it for free at wellnessmonth.com and jump right in!
- Feel free to get creative and make your own calendar or challenges.
Here are some ideas to incorporate wellness into your life and improve your physical, mental, and emotional health:
- Start a daily gratitude journal: Write down three things you’re grateful for each day to reduce stress and make you feel good.
- Get outside, enjoy fresh air, and move your body: Take a walk, go for a hike, or try a new outdoor activity like paddle boarding or kayaking.
- Practice mindfulness: If you’re new to meditation, try it for five minutes a day or practice deep breathing exercises to alleviate stress and improve mental clarity.
- Connect with others: Schedule a coffee or tea date with a friend or family member to strengthen social connections via phone, virtually, or hug in person.
- Try a new healthy recipe: Use fresh, whole ingredients to create a nutritious and delicious meal or snack you’ve been wanting to try.
- Increase your water intake: six to eight glasses a day, you can do it!
- Add more fruits and veggies to your meals: Fruit serves as a great dessert, and veggies will keep you fuller to reduce cravings and avoid overeating.
- Monitor your sleep: Make adjustments or set a goal for better sleep habits.
- Organize a closet or space: A clean environment makes it easier to relax and focus on other things
- Try that new beauty product: You know, the one you’ve been eyeing for a couple of days.
- Change up your exercise routine: Join a yoga, walking, or fitness class.
- Try a new spa or wellness experience: Venture outside your comfort zone and choose a different experience on the menu.